THE AUTO REPAIR SHOP
Why Is Maintenance Important
Customers frequently ask us why maintenance is important. Well, the answer is simple:
“To keep your car in optimum health, and to keep it on the road for as long as possible.”
A regular maintenance schedule will help avoid unnecessary problems from occurring, which could, in turn, lead to much more expensive fixes. Your owner’s manual will advise on how often you should have your car serviced; with most suggesting intervals of around 12-months.
If you manage to identify an issue before it causes your vehicle to break down, you could save yourself thousands of dollars. Plus, you will keep your car on the road.
See below for our recommended maintenance routine:
- Change or refill oil change at a regular interval. This keeps the engine in check and improves gas mileage by as much as 2%.
- Check the core components of the engine whenever you change the oil, as ensuring proper lubrication will avoid excessive wear and unnecessary engine cut-outs.
- Review fluid levels – whether differential fluids or transmission fluids – as these are vital to the smooth operation of your vehicle.
- Check battery performance, and keep all connections clean, tight, and corrosion-free.
- Replace brake fluid once-per-year and consider changing steering fluid, and engine coolant, on a similar schedule.
- Flush climate control systems as soon as performance dips, particularly once seasonal temperatures reach more severe fluctuations.
- Check wheel alignment according to the manufacturer’s specifications and, if the car starts to drag to one side, consider a service to realign the wheels.
Your owner’s manual provides the best advice when it comes to vehicle maintenance. By keeping an eye on the recommended components, you will save yourself time and money in the long run, ensuring both you and your passengers are in a road-worthy vehicle. Moreover, regular maintenance is often a requirement to preserve warranties on vehicle parts.
Contact Reliance Auto Mechanic today for auto repair shops near me to schedule routine maintenance or a check-up of your vehicle.